What Makes A Perfect Ruritan Club?
Contributed by Michael Tillman
A Perfect Ruritan Club will have:
- Club programs that are meaningful and entertaining.
- A membership of like-minded people, dedicated to community service.
- A membership that is enthusiastic and willing to risk all in their efforts to help other people.
- A membership that is open to everyone in the community.
- Openness to new ideas and new methods of achieving its community service goals.
- Willingness to use 100% of its treasury in community service of needed - knowing that they can start and complete a new fundraiser at any time.
- A place and function for all members, regardless of age, sex, or handicap.
- All members feel they are contributing and taking part in the club's business.
- Appreciation for the individual and collective efforts of members.
- Club members that have PRIDE, INTEREST and ENTHUSIASM with club leaders that foster and encourage these feelings in members.
- Training for every member that prepares them for club leadership positions at some time.
- A committee system to achieve its goals that make members feel honored to belong to committees.
- New member applications used to determine which committee a new member should be assigned.
- The committee's work should reflect that person's talent and interest.